Allspice dram will give your tiki drinks a spicy deliciousness. Some recipes take up to 10 days to make. This one shouldn’t take you more than 30 minutes.
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Demerara sugar (use brown sugar if you need to)
- 1 large cinnamon quill
- 1/4 cup Allspice Berries
- 240 ml White Rum
- Add the sugar and water to a small pot and put on a high heat, stirring to combine
- Once the mixture is boiling, take it off the heat and add the cinnamon quill. Set aside.
- In a separate fry pan, toast the allspice berries for between 3 – 5 minutes (or until fragrant).
- Add the toasted allspice berries and the white rum to a blender and blend on a low setting for around 3 – 5 minutes.
- Strain the rum mixture through a coffee filter or sieve into a glass bottle or jar. Add the cinnamon syrup mixture. Shake to combine.